Jump to Main Content
- Kolachevskaya, Oksana O.; Sergeeva, Lidiya I.; Floková, Kristyna; Getman, Irina A.; Lomin, Sergey N.; Alekseeva, Valeriya V.; Rukavtsova, Elena B.; Buryanov, Yaroslav I.; Romanov, Georgy A.
- Plant cell reports 2017 v.36 no.3 pp. 419-435
- culture media; cytokinins; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; gibberellins; hormones; indole acetic acid; kinetin; models; patatin; potatoes; receptors; salicylic acids; shoots; sucrose; transgenic plants; tubers
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Ectopic auxin overproduction in transgenic potato leads to enhanced productivity accompanied with concerted and occasional changes in hormonal status, and causing altered response of transformants to exogenous auxin or cytokinin. Previously, we generated potato transformants expressing Agrobacterium-derived auxin synthesis gene tms1 driven by tuber-specific patatin gene promoter (B33 ...
- Gross, Briana L.; Henk, Adam D.; Bonnart, Remi; Volk, Gayle M.
- Plant cell reports 2017 v.36 no.3 pp. 459-470
- Arabidopsis thaliana; abiotic stress; abscisic acid; biochemical pathways; cryopreservation; cryoprotectants; gene banks; gene expression regulation; heat; lipids; meristems; models; nitrogen; osmoregulation; oxidation; plant genetic resources; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; shoot tips; temperature; vitrification
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Transcripts related to abiotic stress, oxidation, and wounding were differentially expressed in Arabidopsis shoot tips in response to cryoprotectant and liquid nitrogen treatment. Cryopreservation methods have been implemented in genebanks as a strategy to back-up plant genetic resource collections that are vegetatively propagated. Cryopreservation is frequently performed using vitri ...