Jump to Main Content
- Kolachevskaya, Oksana O.; Sergeeva, Lidiya I.; Floková, Kristyna; Getman, Irina A.; Lomin, Sergey N.; Alekseeva, Valeriya V.; Rukavtsova, Elena B.; Buryanov, Yaroslav I.; Romanov, Georgy A.
- Plant cell reports 2017 v.36 no.3 pp. 419-435
- culture media; cytokinins; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; gibberellins; hormones; indole acetic acid; kinetin; models; patatin; potatoes; receptors; salicylic acids; shoots; sucrose; transgenic plants; tubers
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Ectopic auxin overproduction in transgenic potato leads to enhanced productivity accompanied with concerted and occasional changes in hormonal status, and causing altered response of transformants to exogenous auxin or cytokinin. Previously, we generated potato transformants expressing Agrobacterium-derived auxin synthesis gene tms1 driven by tuber-specific patatin gene promoter (B33 ...
- Song, Ziliang; Mietkiewska, Elzbieta; Weselake, Randall J.
- Plant cell reports 2017 v.36 no.3 pp. 447-457
- Arabidopsis; Punica granatum; bioinformatics; biotechnology; complementary DNA; crops; fatty acid composition; fatty acids; gene expression; genes; homozygosity; metabolic engineering; oilseed crops; plant development; pomegranates; regulatory sequences; seed oils; seed storage proteins; seeds
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Enhanced levels of punicic acid were produced in the seed oil of Arabidopsis over-expressing pomegranate FATTY ACID CONJUGASE driven by heterologous promoters, among which the linin promoter was the most efficient. Fatty acids with conjugated double bonds play a special role in determining both the nutritional and industrial uses of plant oils. Punicic acid (18:3Δ⁹ᶜⁱˢ,¹¹ᵗʳᵃⁿˢ,¹³ᶜⁱˢ), ...