Jump to Main Content
- Tian, Shouwei; Jiang, Linjian; Gao, Qiang; Zhang, Jie; Zong, Mei; Zhang, Haiying; Ren, Yi; Guo, Shaogui; Gong, Guoyi; Liu, Fan; Xu, Yong
- Plant cell reports 2017 v.36 no.3 pp. 399-406
- Citrullus lanatus var. lanatus; albino; crops; gene editing; gene targeting; genes; mutants; nucleotide sequences; protoplasts; site-directed mutagenesis; transgenic plants; watermelons
- ... KEY MESSAGE: CRISPR/Cas9 system can precisely edit genomic sequence and effectively create knockout mutations in T0 generation watermelon plants. Genome editing offers great advantage to reveal gene function and generate agronomically important mutations to crops. Recently, RNA-guided genome editing system using the type II clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)-associa ...
- Schouten, Henk J.; vande Geest, Henri; Papadimitriou, Sofia; Bemer, Marian; Schaart, Jan G.; Smulders, Marinus J. M.; Perez, Gabino Sanchez; Schijlen, Elio
- Plant cell reports 2017 v.36 no.3 pp. 493-504
- Agrobacterium radiobacter; Arabidopsis thaliana; chromosome translocation; chromosomes; genome; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; mutagens; mutation; nucleotide sequences; transfer DNA; transgenic plants
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Transformation resulted in deletions and translocations at T-DNA inserts, but not in genome-wide small mutations. A tiny T-DNA splinter was detected that probably would remain undetected by conventional techniques. We investigated to which extent Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation is mutagenic, on top of inserting T-DNA. To prevent mutations due to in vitro propagation, ...
- PubMed Central: