Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Yiming; Tian, Qiaoyan; Yuan, Li; Jiang, Yuanzhong; Huang, Yan; Sun, Min; Tang, Shaohu; Luo, Keming
- Plant cell reports 2011 v.30 no.9 pp. 1661-1671
- sequence alignment; phylogeny; genes; flavonoids; roots; perennials; Nicotiana; open reading frames; stems; jasmonic acid; clones; Populus trichocarpa; amino acids; gene expression; pathogens; leaves; complementary DNA; naringenin-chalcone synthase; Populus alba; lignin; proteins; biosynthesis; Petunia hybrida; wound treatment; phytoalexins
- ... As perennial plants, Populus species are constantly exposed to environmental stresses, such as wounding and pathogen attack, which lead to production of compounds including lignin, flavonoids and phytoalexins. Chalcone synthase (CHS) is a key enzyme in the flavonoid biosynthesis pathway. In this study, a cDNA clone encoding CHS was isolated from Populus trichocarpa by reverse transcription-polymer ...
- Sorkina, Alina; Bardosh, Gabriel; Liu, Yong-Zhong; Fridman, Ifat; Schlizerman, Ludmila; Zur, Naftali; Or, Etti; Goldschmidt, Eliezer E.; Blumwald, Eduardo; Sadka, Avi
- Plant cell reports 2011 v.30 no.9 pp. 1627-1640
- tomatoes; messenger RNA; lemon juice; endocarp; citrus pulp; clones; gene expression; genes; sequence homology; Citrus; promoter regions; lemons; melons
- ... While searching for genes expressed in acid lemon but not in acidless lime pulp, we isolated clone Cl111 which showed the following expression phenotypes: (1) while it was expressed in the ovaries in both varieties, its mRNA was detected only in the pulp of the acid fruit, (2) no or very low expression of the gene was detected in vegetative organs. These expression patterns suggested that Cl111 is ...