Jump to Main Content
- Azria, Diah; Bhalla, Prem L.
- Plant cell reports 2011 v.30 no.9 pp. 1673-1681
- allergens; gene expression; genes; genetic transformation; pollen; promoter regions; rice; tissue distribution; transgenic plants; varieties; Australia
- ... A simple protocol for Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Australian rice using mature embryos is described. Transgenic plants of two commercial genotypes of Australian rice, Amaroo and Millin, were produced. Transgenic plants were obtained by applying selection pressure to callus and to the regenerated shoots. Exclusion of the selective agent (hygromycin) during plant regeneration was found ...
- Sorkina, Alina; Bardosh, Gabriel; Liu, Yong-Zhong; Fridman, Ifat; Schlizerman, Ludmila; Zur, Naftali; Or, Etti; Goldschmidt, Eliezer E.; Blumwald, Eduardo; Sadka, Avi
- Plant cell reports 2011 v.30 no.9 pp. 1627-1640
- tomatoes; messenger RNA; lemon juice; endocarp; citrus pulp; clones; gene expression; genes; sequence homology; Citrus; promoter regions; lemons; melons
- ... While searching for genes expressed in acid lemon but not in acidless lime pulp, we isolated clone Cl111 which showed the following expression phenotypes: (1) while it was expressed in the ovaries in both varieties, its mRNA was detected only in the pulp of the acid fruit, (2) no or very low expression of the gene was detected in vegetative organs. These expression patterns suggested that Cl111 is ...