Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Kun; Zhang, Hecui; Converse, Richard; Wang, Yong; Rong, Xiaoying; Wu, Zhigang; Luo, Bing; Xue, Liyan; Jian, Li; Zhu, Liquan; Wang, Xiaojia
- Plant cell reports 2011 v.30 no.9 pp. 1779-1786
- fluorescence in situ hybridization; loci; cell walls; ribosomal DNA; cytoplasm; genes; nucleotide sequences; chromatin; interphase
- ... The compactness of plant chromosomes and the structure of the plant cell wall and cytoplasm provide a great obstacle to fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) for single-copy or low-copy DNA sequences. Consequently, many new methods for improving spatial resolution via chromosomal stretching have been employed to overcome this technical challenge. In this article, a technique for extracting cel ...
- Rashid, Abdur; Deyholos, Michael K.
- Plant cell reports 2011 v.30 no.9 pp. 1735-1745
- Arabidopsis thaliana; RNA interference; amino acid composition; amino acid sequences; cell walls; flowering; genes; germination; glycoproteins; phenotype; root growth; soil
- ... Arabidopsis gene At5g09530 has been previously annotated as a cell wall protein of either the hydroxyproline-rich glycoprotein (HRGP), extensin-like, or proline-rich protein families (e.g. PRP10). However, At5g09530 shows important differences between its amino acid sequence and these other proteins. At5g09530 lacks any motifs typical of major groups of cell wall proteins, but contains 36 repeats ...