Jump to Main Content
- Azria, Diah; Bhalla, Prem L.
- Plant cell reports 2011 v.30 no.9 pp. 1673-1681
- allergens; gene expression; genes; genetic transformation; pollen; promoter regions; rice; tissue distribution; transgenic plants; varieties; Australia
- ... A simple protocol for Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Australian rice using mature embryos is described. Transgenic plants of two commercial genotypes of Australian rice, Amaroo and Millin, were produced. Transgenic plants were obtained by applying selection pressure to callus and to the regenerated shoots. Exclusion of the selective agent (hygromycin) during plant regeneration was found ...
- Sudhakar Johnson, T.; Eswaran, Nalini; Sujatha, M.
- Plant cell reports 2011 v.30 no.9 pp. 1573-1591
- Jatropha curcas; biodiesel; biomass; breeding; business enterprises; climate change; cultivars; energy crops; fossil fuels; genes; genetic improvement; genetic markers; genetic transformation; genetic variation; oils; oilseeds; prices; proteome; public sector; shrubs; tissue culture; transcriptome
- ... With the increase in crude oil prices, climate change concerns and limited reserves of fossil fuel, attention has been diverted to alternate renewable energy sources such as biofuel and biomass. Among the potential biofuel crops, Jatropha curcas L, a non-domesticated shrub, has been gaining importance as the most promising oilseed, as it does not compete with the edible oil supplies. Economic rele ...