Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Gao-Peng, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant cell reports 2018 v.37 no.5 pp. 789-798
- Oryza sativa; chlorophyll; energy; genes; iron; leaves; metabolites; nutrient deficiencies; photosynthesis; rice; roots; signal transduction; sucrose
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Sucrose signaling pathways were rapidly induced in response to early iron deficiency in rice plants, and the change of sucrose contents in plants was essential for the activation of iron deficiency responses. Sucrose is the main product of photosynthesis in plants, and it functions not only as an energy metabolite but also a signal molecule. However, a few studies have examined the in ...
- Gao, Peng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant cell reports 2008 v.27 no.12 pp. 1869-1875
- Arabidopsis; calcium; calyx; genes; histones; leaves; lint cotton; onions; phosphorylation; plasma membrane; protein kinases; roots; trichomes
- ... The gene GhCPK1 encoding a calcium dependent protein kinase was identified from cotton. Transcripts of GhCPK1 accumulated primarily in the elongating fiber, and Arabidopsis plants transformed with GhCPK1 promoter-GUS construct exhibited GUS activity mainly in the developing trichomes, roots, young leaves and sepals. In the bombarded onion epidermal cells, GhCPK1-GFP fusion proteins showed a subcel ...