Jump to Main Content
- Li, Lian-Cheng, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Plant cell reports 2009 v.28 no.2 pp. 301-311
- Gossypium hirsutum; RNA; Southern blotting; Triticum aestivum; binding proteins; cDNA libraries; chlorophyll; complementary DNA; cotton; drought; drought tolerance; freezing; genes; genetic engineering; leaves; phenotype; polymerase chain reaction; seedlings; stress tolerance; sugars; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transgenic plants; wheat; yeasts
- ... A cotton (G. hirsutum L.) dehydration responsive element binding protein gene, GhDREB, which encodes a 153 amino acid protein containing a conserved AP2/EREBP domain, was isolated from the cDNA library of cotton cv. Simian 3 by a yeast one-hybrid system. RNA blot analysis showed that the GhDREB gene was induced in cotton seedlings by drought, high salt and cold stresses. An electrophoretic mobilit ...
- Li, Lian-Cheng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant cell reports 2016 v.35 no.1 pp. 115-128
- drought tolerance; phylogeny; drought; genes; oxidative stress; bioenergy; homeostasis; Setaria italica; tissues; transcription factors; plant development; germination; gene overexpression; water content; root growth; abiotic stress; enzyme activity; tobacco; stress tolerance; crop models; survival rate; stress response; ripening; abscisic acid; chlorophyll; crops
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Six foxtail millet ASR genes were regulated by various stress-related signals. Overexpression of ASR1 increased drought and oxidative tolerance by controlling ROS homeostasis and regulating oxidation-related genes in tobacco plants. Abscisic acid stress ripening (ASR) proteins with ABA/WDS domains constituted a class of plant-specific transcription factors, playing important roles in ...