Jump to Main Content
- Bennypaul, H.; Abdullahi, I.; Harding, M. W.; Neeser, C.
- Plant disease 2019 v.103 no.6 pp. 1441
- perennial weeds; perennials, etc ; Aceria tosichella; Agropyron cristatum; Avena sativa; Echinochloa; Hordeum jubatum; Hordeum vulgare; Panicum; Triticum aestivum; Wheat streak mosaic virus; Zea mays; barley; coat proteins; corn; death; epidemiology; flora; genes; genomics; grass weeds; grasses; growth retardation; millets; nucleotide sequences; oats; planting; sequence analysis; surveys; viruses; weed hosts; winter; winter wheat; Alberta; Massachusetts; Mexico; Ontario; Saskatchewan; Show all 38 Subjects
- ... Wheat streak mosaic virus (WSMV) causes wheat streak mosaic disease, a potentially devastating infection of wheat with a worldwide distribution. WSMV is a positive-sense, single-stranded, monopartite RNA virus in the family Potyviridae. WSMV is vectored by the wheat curl mite (Aceria tosichella Keifer), and seed-transmission has been reported at a very low rate (Jones et al. 2005). This virus infe ...
- Pérez-López, E.; Wei, W.; Davis, R. E.; Wang, J.; Zhao, Y.
- Plant disease 2019 v.103 no.5 pp. 1015
- perennials, etc ; Aster yellows phytoplasma; Candidatus Phytoplasma asteris; Saccharum; biofuels; cane sugar; cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; common names; disease surveillance; feedstocks; foliar diseases; genes; grasses; growing season; insect vectors; intergenic DNA; leaves; molecular cloning; nucleotide sequences; oligodeoxyribonucleotides; phytoplasmal diseases; plant pathogenic bacteria; plant veins; ribosomal RNA; sequence homology; subtropics; sugarcane; sugars; Mexico; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Sugarcane is a common name for any of several tall perennial grass species of the genus Saccharum. As a major source for sugar production and an efficient feedstock for biofuel generation, sugarcane is widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions. Mexico alone produces over six million metric tons of cane sugar annually valued at 1.3 billion U.S. dollars. Although economically important, ...