Jump to Main Content
- Willbur, Jaime F.; Fall, Mamadou L.; Bloomingdale, Christopher; Byrne, Adam M.; Chapman, Scott A.; Isard, Scott A.; Magarey, Roger D.; McCaghey, Megan M.; Mueller, Brian D.; Russo, Joseph M.; Schlegel, Jay; Chilvers, Martin I.; Mueller, Daren S.; Kabbage, Mehdi; Smith, Damon L.
- Plant disease 2018 v.102 no.1 pp. 73-84
- Glycine max; Sclerotinia sclerotiorum; air temperature; apothecia; ascospores; chemical control; chemistry; cost effectiveness; data collection; dewpoint; disease control; disease outbreaks; farmers; field experimentation; flowering; germination; irrigation; leaf wetness; meteorological data; microbiological risk assessment; microsatellite repeats; models; prediction; predictive microbiology; rain; regression analysis; relative humidity; soybeans; stem rot; wind speed; Iowa; Michigan; Wisconsin
- ... Sclerotinia stem rot (SSR) epidemics in soybean, caused by Sclerotinia sclerotiorum, are currently responsible for annual yield reductions in the United States of up to 1 million metric tons. In-season disease management is largely dependent on chemical control but its efficiency and cost-effectiveness depends on both the chemistry used and the risk of apothecia formation, germination, and further ...
- Li, H.; Zhou, L.; Wang, L.; Zhao, X.; Liang, L.; Chen, F.
- Plant disease 2018 v.102 no.1 pp. 249
- Acer truncatum; Verticillium dahliae; agar; branches; conidia; conidiophores; death; dieback; discoloration; eggplants; ethanol; farms; fungal diseases of plants; internal transcribed spacers; leaf abscission; leaves; microscopy; nervonic acid; pathogenicity; plant pathogenic fungi; ribosomal DNA; risk reduction; sclerotia; seed oils; seedlings; soybeans; tap water; trees; vegetable juices; wilting; xylem; China
- ... Shantung maple (Acer truncatum Bunge) is an important economic plant, widely grown in northern China. The seed oils contain nervonic acid, which can reduce the risk of many mental illnesses (Hu et al. 2017). In June 2016, some trees showed symptoms of wilting, leaf fall, branch and twig dieback, and discoloration of vascular tissues in Jining, Shandong. The leaves of the diseased trees only showed ...