Jump to Main Content
- Fiallo-Olivé, E.; Katis, N. I.; Navas-Castillo, J.
- Plant disease 2014 v.98 no.5 pp. 700
- Crete, etc ; plant viruses; Ipomoea; sweet potatoes; restriction endonucleases; plant diseases and disorders; DNA; clones; alternative hosts; coasts; leaves; ornamental plants; weeds; DNA-directed DNA polymerase; Sweet potato leaf curl virus; DNA fragmentation; nucleotide sequences; Greece; Italy; Sicily; Spain; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Blue morning glory (Ipomoea indica, Convolvulaceae) plants are widespread along the Greek coast, where they grow as weeds in addition to being cultivated as ornamentals. Yellow vein symptoms are frequently observed on these plants. These symptoms are similar to those reported for isolates of Sweet potato leaf curl virus (SPLCV) infecting I. indica in Italy and Spain (1,3). SPLCV belongs to the swe ...
- Orfanidou, C.; Maliogka, V. I.; Katis, N. I.
- Plant disease 2014 v.98 no.10 pp. 1446
- Crete, etc ; Aphidoidea; Beet pseudoyellows virus; Bemisia tabaci; Citrullus lanatus; Cucumis sativus; Cucurbit aphid-borne yellows virus; Cucurbit chlorotic yellows virus; Cucurbit yellow stunting disorder virus; RNA; RNA-directed RNA polymerase; adults; basins; chlorosis; crops; cucumbers; disease incidence; genes; genetic databases; greenhouses; heat-shock protein 70; hybrids; leaves; plant diseases and disorders; plant viruses; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; viruses; watermelons; Greece; Japan; Lebanon; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... In 2011, an outbreak of a yellowing disease causing chlorosis and Interveinal chlorotic spots on lower leaves was observed in cucumber (Cucumis sativus) and melon (C. melo) plants in two greenhouses on the island of Rhodes, Greece. Similar symptoms were observed in 2012 in open field watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) plants in Rhodes and in November 2013 in a cucumber greenhouse in Tympaki, Crete. Di ...