Jump to Main Content
- Montano, H.G.; Davis, R.E.; Dally, E.L.; Pimentel, J.P.; Brioso, P.S.T.
- Plant disease 2000 v.84 no.4 pp. 429
- Sechium edule; phylogeny; genetic techniques and protocols; plant diseases and disorders; etiology; strains; Momordica charantia; nucleotide sequences; restriction fragment length polymorphism; ribosomal DNA; operon; Brazil
- ... Chayote (Sechium edule) (Cucurbitaceae), also known as vegetable pear, mirliton, or mango squash, is a commercially important vegetable crop in Brazil, where it is affected by chayote witches'-broom disease. Affected plants exhibit witches'-broom growths and other symptoms characteristic of plant diseases caused by phytoplasmas. Since previous electron microscopic studies revealed the association ...
- Moon, J.S.; Allen, R.G.; Domier, L.L.; Hewings, A.D.
- Plant disease 2000 v.84 no.4 pp. 483
- height; plant characteristics; Avena sativa; strains; strain differences; coat proteins; polymerase chain reaction; restriction fragment length polymorphism; nucleotide sequences; disease transmission; disease vectors; Rhopalosiphum padi; epidemiology; cultivars; Illinois
- ... In consecutive annual statewide surveys of the incidence of Barley yellow dwarf viruses (BYDVs) in Illinois wheat and oat fields, 27 BYDV-PAV-like isolates were identified. Using polymerase chain reaction (PCR), the coat protein regions of all 27 isolates were analyzed for restriction fragment length polymorphisms. The PCR products of two isolates, one from each year, had restriction fragment prof ...