Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: smart?
- Swart, W.J., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Plant disease 2002 v.86 no.11 pp. 1199
- Amaranthus hybridus; Alternaria tenuissima; infection; leaves; pathogenicity; mycelium; stomata; conidia; spore germination; mechanical damage; endophytes; South Africa
- ... With the increased use of Amaranthus hybridus as a leafy-vegetable crop in Africa and the recent identification of Alternaria leaf spot on this host in southern Africa, the role of this potentially damaging pathogen was investigated. The goals of this study were to test the pathogenicity of the Alternaria tenuissima group, determine how these fungi infect Amaranthus hybridus leaves, and examine th ...
- Swart, W.J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant disease 2004 v.88 no.4 pp. 333-337
- disease diagnosis; insect pests; Alternaria tenuissima; Fusarium sambucinum; fungal diseases of plants; Fusarium oxysporum; vegetable crops; cankers (plants); plant pests; insect vectors; pathogenicity; pathogen identification; plant pathogenic fungi; green leafy vegetables; Amaranthus hybridus; larvae; Fusarium subglutinans; imagos; Curculionidae; South Africa
- ... Discoloration, cankers, and decay in branches, stems, and root collars of Amaranthus hybridus were observed in Bloemfontein, South Africa. Examination of symptomatic stems revealed larval galleries of the pigweed weevil (Hypolixus haerens). The objectives of this study were to: identify the most common fungal species associated with this damage, determine if the adult pigweed weevil might be a vec ...