Jump to Main Content
- Sabuquillo, P.; Cal, A. de; Melgarejo, P.
- Plant disease 2005 v.89 no.12 pp. 1317-1323
- Fusarium wilt, etc ; Penicillium oxalicum; biological control agents; biopesticides; fungal antagonists; conidia; spore germination; pesticide formulations; sugars; alcohols; inorganic salts; Verticillium wilt; disease control; biological control; disease incidence; Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. lycopersici; Verticillium dahliae; plant pathogenic fungi; Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; tomatoes; host plants; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Sugars, polyalcohols, inorganic salts, and detergents were added to conidia of Penicillium oxalicum at three different points of the production-formulation process to improve water dispersal. Effects also were tested on conidial germination and production. Conidial germination without additives ranged from 51 to 79%. Additives did not reduce conidial germination except for 50% polyethylene glycol ...
- Matherson,M.E.; Koike, S.T.
- Plant disease 2003 v.87 no.10 pp. 1265
- Fusarium wilt, etc ; Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. lactucae; Lactuca sativa; agar; business enterprises; conidia; cortex; cultivars; death; fluorescent lighting; fungi; growth chambers; growth retardation; harvesting equipment; inoculum; leaf lettuce; leaves; mycelium; pathogenicity; pathogens; photoperiod; plant pathology; planting; researchers; root rot; roots; seedlings; seeds; soil; tractors; vermiculite; wilting; Arizona; California; Italy; Japan; Show all 36 Subjects
- ... A new wilt and root rot disease was observed in 6 and 11 commercial fields of lettuce (Lactuca sativa) in western Arizona during the fall of 2001 and 2002, respectively. Distance between infested sites ranged from approximately 0.5 to 39 km. Five head lettuce cultivars as well as a red leaf lettuce cultivar were affected. Disease symptoms included yellowing and wilting of leaves, as well as stunti ...