Jump to Main Content
- Pero, Edgardo J. I.; Quiroga, Pablo A.
- Plant ecology 2019 v.220 no.4-5 pp. 481-498
- Salix humboldtiana; Tessaria integrifolia; altitude; decision making; dominant species; ecoregions; ecosystems; floodplains; landscapes; mountains; principal component analysis; riparian areas; riparian forests; rivers; semiarid zones; streams; Andes region; Argentina
- ... Few studies have quantified changes in riparian and adjacent forest across landscape units. In this study, the composition and structure of riparian and adjacent forest were compared in a humid and a semiarid ecoregion in northwestern Argentina: the Yungas forest and the Western Chaco. We expected that differences between riparian and adjacent zones could be less marked in humid than in semiarid r ...
- Segesso, L.; Carrera, A. L.; Bertiller, M. B.; Saraví Cisneros, H.
- Plant ecology 2019 v.220 no.4-5 pp. 441-456
- Larrea divaricata; Nassella tenuis; Poa ligularis; allelopathy; biomass production; chemical defenses; ecosystems; grasses; grazing; leaf extracts; leaves; microbial activity; mineralization; perennials; phenolic compounds; secondary metabolites; seed germination; shrubs; soil; Argentina
- ... Sheep grazing induces the reduction of perennial grass cover and the increase of shrub cover with high concentration of chemical defences. We analysed the effects of secondary metabolites released from green and senesced leaves of the shrub Larrea divaricata on soil microbial activity and the establishment of perennial grasses in arid ecosystems of the Patagonian Monte. We carried out microcosm ex ...