Jump to Main Content
- Slaviero, Antonio; Del Vecchio, Silvia; Pierce, Simon; Fantinato, Edy; Buffa, Gabriella
- Plant ecology 2016 v.217 no.12 pp. 1533-1543
- Anacamptis morio; Himantoglossum; Ophrys; flowering; flowers; fruit set; fruits; grasslands; ground vegetation; hills; in situ conservation; interspecific variation; linear models; plant communities; regression analysis; reproductive fitness; Italy
- ... Several factors have been taken into account to explain the distribution of orchid species. We explored the extent to which plant community attributes affect the abundance and reproductive fitness of three orchid species (Anacamptis morio, Himantoglossum adriaticum and Ophrys sphegodes), native to dry grasslands. Structural attributes of plant community (e.g. cover and height) were assessed in nin ...
- Gomes, Vanessa G. Nóbrega; Koroiva, Ricardo; Araujo, Andréa C.
- Plant ecology 2016 v.217 no.12 pp. 1481-1487
- Echinopsis; cacti and succulents; flowers; fruit set; fruits; pollinators; reproductive success; vertebrates
- ... Florivory can negatively affect the reproductive success of plants through its effects on fruit set. We report flower consumption of Echinopsis rhodotricha by Mazama americana and Pecari tajacu in the Brazilian Chaco. In order to evaluate the effects of florivory on the reproductive success of E. rhodotricha, we quantified and compared the fruit set between damaged and undamaged flowers in a natur ...