Jump to Main Content
- Dovrat, Guy; Perevolotsky, Avi; Ne’eman, Gidi
- Plant ecology 2014 v.215 no.5 pp. 531-541
- herbaceous plants, etc ; Sus scrofa; biomass; disturbed soils; plant communities; rooting; soil ecology; species diversity; spring; summer; vegetation; wild boars; winter; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Native wild boar (Sus scrofa lybicus) populations in Israel increased in the last decades, and their rooting activity presents an apparent severe disturbance that may affect herbaceous plant communities. We studied the extent of wild boar rooting and its effect on herbaceous vegetation in an east Mediterranean garrigue. We compared the effects of rooting soil disturbance (RSD) between summer, wint ...
- Orsenigo, Simone; Mondoni, Andrea; Rossi, Graziano; Abeli, Thomas
- Plant ecology 2014 v.215 no.7 pp. 677-688
- herbaceous plants, etc ; acclimation; climate; climate models; cold; demography; drought; ecosystems; growing season; heat; leaf water potential; mortality; photosystem II; plant growth; plant response; recruitment; reproduction; shrubs; snowmelt; stomatal conductance; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Current climatic models predict increasing frequency and magnitude of extreme climatic events (ECEs). Ecological studies recognize the importance of these extremes as drivers of plant growth and mortality, as well as drivers of ecological and evolutionary processes. Here we review observational and experimental studies on ECEs on herbaceous plants and shrubs. Extreme events considered were heat wa ...