Jump to Main Content
- Belay, Tamrat A.; Totland, Ørjan; Moe, Stein R.
- Plant ecology 2013 v.214 no.10 pp. 1211-1222
- Grewia; Lannea; biomass; ecosystems; linear models; microclimate; plant density; plant litter; rangelands; savannas; soil organic matter; species diversity; surveys; woody plants; Ethiopia
- ... Woody plant encroachment alters the structure and function of rangeland ecosystems. The objective of this study was to explore the association between woody plant encroachment and various ecosystem properties (i.e. vascular plant species diversity, richness, evenness, soil organic matter, herbaceous biomass, leaf litter and bare ground cover) in a semiarid savanna rangeland, and also to test wheth ...
- Sun, Zhengguo; Sun, Chengming; Zhou, Wei; Ju, Weimin; Li, Jianlong
- Plant ecology 2013 v.214 no.10 pp. 1223-1232
- atmospheric precipitation; biogeochemical cycles; correlation; ecosystems; energy transfer; grasslands; leaf area index; models; photosynthesis; primary productivity; China
- ... Grassland ecosystems play important roles in the global carbon cycle. The net primary productivity (NPP) of grassland ecosystems has become the hot spot of terrestrial ecosystems. To simulate the NPP in the grasslands of southern China, we built a land portfolio assessment (LPA) model. The LPA model was named according to the framework and principle of this model. From the framework of the model a ...