Jump to Main Content
- van de Weg, Martine J.; Shaver, Gaius R.; Salmon, Verity G.
- Plant ecology 2013 v.214 no.10 pp. 1273-1286
- Betula nana; Eriophorum vaginatum; chlorophyll; electron transfer; leaf area index; long term effects; net ecosystem exchange; nitrogen; nutrient availability; nutrients; photosynthesis; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; Arctic region
- ... We examined the effects of short (<1-4 years) and long-term (22 years) nitrogen (N) and/or phosphorus (P) addition on the foliar CO2 exchange parameters of the Arctic species Betula nana and Eriophorum vaginatum in northern Alaska. Measured variables included: the carboxylation efficiency of Rubisco (Vcmax), electron transport capacity (Jmax), dark respiration (Rd), chlorophyll a and b content (Ch ...
- Sun, Zhengguo; Sun, Chengming; Zhou, Wei; Ju, Weimin; Li, Jianlong
- Plant ecology 2013 v.214 no.10 pp. 1223-1232
- atmospheric precipitation; biogeochemical cycles; correlation; ecosystems; energy transfer; grasslands; leaf area index; models; photosynthesis; primary productivity; China
- ... Grassland ecosystems play important roles in the global carbon cycle. The net primary productivity (NPP) of grassland ecosystems has become the hot spot of terrestrial ecosystems. To simulate the NPP in the grasslands of southern China, we built a land portfolio assessment (LPA) model. The LPA model was named according to the framework and principle of this model. From the framework of the model a ...