Jump to Main Content
- Araújo, Glein M.; Amaral, Alice F.; Bruna, Emilio M.; Vasconcelos, Heraldo L.
- Plant ecology 2013 v.214 no.12 pp. 1479-1484
- herbaceous plants, etc ; burning; fires; flowers; fruits; plant communities; plant reproduction; soil nutrients; streams; swamps; tropics; vegetation; Brazil; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Palm swamps (veredas) are unique and diverse plant communities associated with the headwaters of streams in central Brazil, and they are frequently subjected to fires. We evaluated the effect of fire and the role of different fire-related cues on inducing reproduction by palm swamp vegetation. We compared the responses of species in burned plots, in plots in which the aboveground vegetation was cl ...
- Lanta, Vojtěch; Hyvönen, Terho; Norrdahl, Kai
- Plant ecology 2013 v.214 no.12 pp. 1517-1528
- herbaceous plants, etc ; biomass; dry matter partitioning; environmental impact; indigenous species; introduced plants; nutrients; plant communities; shoots; shrubs; soil nutrients; species diversity; vegetation; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The spread of non-native plants has been depicted as a serious threat to biodiversity. However, it remains unclear whether the indigenousness of the invading plant plays a marked role for the ecological consequences of an invasion as few studies have compared the ecological impacts of non-native shrubs with structurally or functionally comparable native shrubs. We studied patches of introduced and ...