Jump to Main Content
- Zheng, Shuxia; Shangguan, Zhouping
- Plant ecology 2007 v.191 no.2 pp. 279-293
- herbaceous plants, etc ; chlorophyll; correlation; environmental factors; herbs; latitude; leaves; nitrogen content; nutrient use efficiency; photosynthesis; rain; shrubs; solar radiation; temperature; trees; China; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The spatial patterns of photosynthetic characteristics and leaf physical traits of 171 plants belonging to nine life-forms or functional groups (trees, shrubs, herbs, evergreen trees, deciduous trees, C₃ and C₄ herbaceous plants, leguminous and non-leguminous species) and their relationships with environmental factors in seven sites, Yangling, Yongshou, Tongchuan, Fuxian, Ansai, Mizhi and Shenmu, ...
- Manrique, Rosa; Gutiérrez, Julio R.; Holmgren, Milena; Squeo, Francisco A.
- Plant ecology 2007 v.191 no.1 pp. 21-31
- herbaceous plants, etc ; Bromus; El Nino; Koeleria; Lepus; Oryctolagus cuniculus; Schismus; biomass; climate; field experimentation; forbs; grasses; hares; herbivores; indigenous species; introduced species; rabbits; small mammals; terrestrial ecosystems; Chile; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... El Niño Southern Oscillation (ENSO) events have profound consequences for the dynamics of terrestrial ecosystems. Since increased climate variability is expected to favour the invasive success of exotic species, we conducted a field experiment to study the effects that simulated rainy ENSO events in combination with herbivores and shade have on the composition of a semiarid herbaceous community in ...