Jump to Main Content
- Loydi, Alejandro
- Plant ecology & diversity 2019 v.12 no.2 pp. 127-138
- perennials, etc ; annuals; buried seeds; forbs; grasses; grasslands; grazing; herbivores; long term effects; multivariate analysis; shrubs; species richness; Argentina; Pampas region; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Background: Grazing is a major factor that affects grassland composition and species richness. While the long-term effects of grazing are well documented, information about the short-term effects of grazing is necessary for adaptive conservation management. Aims: Our objective was to ascertain how this held over varying time periods after herbivore removal vs. exclosures of different ages for gras ...
- Schantz, Merilynn C.; Sheley, Roger L.; James, Jeremy J.
- Plant ecology & diversity 2019 v.12 no.2 pp. 139-150
- perennials, etc ; adults; annuals; autumn; demography; ecosystems; forage; germination; grasses; indigenous species; invasive species; life history; plant communities; sowing; spring; wildfires; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Background: Annual grass invasion and dominance creates a self-sustaining cycle that promotes wildfires and reduces forage abundance. Restoring native plant species to annual grass-invaded ecosystems is fundamental to fostering self-sustaining native plant communities. Aims: We sought to clarify varying restoration strategies on invasive annual and native perennial grass assembly, including strate ...