Jump to Main Content
- Michalak, Joanna; Gujska, Elżbieta; Czarnowska, Marta; Klepacka, Joanna; Nowak, Fabian
- Plant foods for human nutrition 2016 v.71 no.1 pp. 115-122
- acrylamides; amino acids; breads; cocoa powder; hydroxymethylfurfural; infant foods; instant coffee; reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography; shelf life; storage temperature; storage time; stored products; water activity
- ... This study investigated the effects of storage and temperature duration on the stability of acrylamide (AA) and 5-hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) in selected foods with long shelf-life. Products were analysed fresh and stored at temperatures of 4 and 25 °C after 6 and 12 months (with the exception of soft bread samples, which were analysed after 15 and 30 days). The AA and HMF contents were determined ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kujawska, Małgorzata; Ewertowska, Małgorzata; Ignatowicz, Ewa; Adamska, Teresa; Szaefer, Hanna; Zielińska-Dawidziak, Magdalena; Piasecka-Kwiatkowska, Dorota; Jodynis-Liebert, Jadwiga
- Plant foods for human nutrition 2016 v.71 no.1 pp. 13-18
- DNA damage; adverse effects; antioxidants; body weight; dietary supplements; females; ferritin; ferrous sulfate; functional foods; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione transferase; hematology; iron; iron deficiency anemia; lipid peroxidation; liver; liver protein; males; microscopy; nutrient deficiencies; rats; seeds; soybeans; superoxide dismutase; tissues
- ... Ferritin-iron is currently considered as one of the most promising iron forms to prevent iron deficiency anaemia. We found that the cultivation of soybean seeds in a solution of ferrous sulfate results in material with extremely high iron content - 560.6 mg Fe/100 g of dry matter, while ferritin iron content was 420.5 mg/100 g dry matter. To assess the potential adverse effects of a preparation co ...
- PubMed Central: