Jump to Main Content
- Tashma, Zev, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant foods for human nutrition 2007 v.62 no.4 pp. 145-150
- adverse effects; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; atherosclerosis; blood lipids; catechin; correlation; dietary supplements; food plants; gallic acid; herbs; humans; medicinal plants; medicine; methanol; patients; polyphenols
- ... Prolipid a known mixture of herbs is used as a plasma lipid lowering medicine. No side effects were registered. However, the bioactive substances of Prolipid were not investigated. Therefore in this investigation Prolipids bioactive compounds and antioxidant activity were studied. The contents of polyphenols and flavonoids were 19.87 ± 2.09 and 3.09 ± 0.31 mg gallic acid equivalent GAE/g DW and 2. ...
- TASHMA, ZEV, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant foods for human nutrition 2006 v.61 no.3 pp. 151-156
- antioxidant activity; correlation; ethylene; free radicals; kiwifruit; methanol; polyphenols; vegetable consumption
- ... The consumption of fruits and vegetables with high antioxidant activities leads to best healthful results. Therefore, in the present investigation we tried to find the peak of the kiwifruits antioxidant activity during the first 10 days of ethylene treatment (100 ppm at 20 °C). In order to receive the most reliable data five different antioxidant assays were used: ferric-reducing/antioxidant power ...