Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Liang; Xi, Dongmei; Li, Shanwei; Gao, Zheng; Zhao, Shuoli; Shi, Jing; Wu, Changai; Guo, Xingqi
- Plant molecular biology 2011 v.77 no.1-2 pp. 17-31
- Gossypium hirsutum; Nicotiana tabacum; Northern blotting; abscisic acid; amino acid metabolism; beta-glucuronidase; conserved sequences; cotton; drought tolerance; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; mitogen-activated protein kinase; polyethylene glycol; proline; promoter regions; salt tolerance; seed germination; sodium chloride; stress response; tobacco; transgenic plants; vegetative growth; water stress
- ... Mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascades play important roles in mediating biotic and abiotic stress responses. In plants, MAPKs are classified into four major groups (A–D) according to their sequence homology and conserved phosphorylation motifs. Compared with well-studied MAPKs in groups A and B, little is known about group C. In this study, we functionally characterised a stress-respons ...
- Nanjo, Yohei; Maruyama, Kyonoshin; Yasue, Hiroshi; Yamaguchi-Shinozaki, Kazuko; Shinozaki, Kazuo; Komatsu, Setsuko
- Plant molecular biology 2011 v.77 no.1-2 pp. 129-144
- Glycine max; RNA; acclimation; amino acid metabolism; cell death; cell walls; flooding tolerance; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; glycolysis; hypocotyls; microarray technology; oligonucleotide probes; photosynthesis; protein degradation; protein synthesis; proteins; roots; seedlings; soybeans; transcription (genetics)
- ... To understand the transcriptional responses to flooding stress in roots including hypocotyl of soybean seedlings, genome-wide changes in gene expression were analyzed using a soybean microarray chip containing 42,034 60-mer oligonucleotide probes. More than 6,000 of flooding-responsive genes in the roots including hypocotyl of soybean seedlings were identified. The transcriptional analysis showed ...