Jump to Main Content
- Sooriyaarachchi, Sanjeewani; Jaber, Emad; Covarrubias, Adrian Suárez; Ubhayasekera, Wimal; Asiegbu, Frederick O.; Mowbray, Sherry L.
- Plant molecular biology 2011 v.77 no.1-2 pp. 33-45
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; Heterobasidion annosum; Northern blotting; Pichia pastoris; Pinus sylvestris; antifungal properties; antifungal proteins; binding properties; carbohydrate binding; cell walls; complementary DNA; conifers; ethylene; fungi; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; glucans; hosts; hyphae; jasmonic acid; methyl jasmonate; models; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; salicylic acid; sequence analysis; spores; sugars; trees
- ... Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris) secretes a number of small, highly-related, disulfide-rich proteins (Sp-AMPs) in response to challenges with fungal pathogens such as Heterobasidion annosum, although their biological role has been unknown. Here, we examined the expression patterns of these genes, as well as the structure and function of the encoded proteins. Northern blots and quantitative real time ...
- Nanjo, Yohei; Maruyama, Kyonoshin; Yasue, Hiroshi; Yamaguchi-Shinozaki, Kazuko; Shinozaki, Kazuo; Komatsu, Setsuko
- Plant molecular biology 2011 v.77 no.1-2 pp. 129-144
- Glycine max; RNA; acclimation; amino acid metabolism; cell death; cell walls; flooding tolerance; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; glycolysis; hypocotyls; microarray technology; oligonucleotide probes; photosynthesis; protein degradation; protein synthesis; proteins; roots; seedlings; soybeans; transcription (genetics)
- ... To understand the transcriptional responses to flooding stress in roots including hypocotyl of soybean seedlings, genome-wide changes in gene expression were analyzed using a soybean microarray chip containing 42,034 60-mer oligonucleotide probes. More than 6,000 of flooding-responsive genes in the roots including hypocotyl of soybean seedlings were identified. The transcriptional analysis showed ...