Jump to Main Content
- Arrowsmith, D.A.; De Silva, J.
- Plant molecular biology 1995 v.28 no.3 pp. 391-403
- Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; complementary DNA; transferases; xyloglucans; multigene family; nucleotide sequences; amino acid sequences; ripening; enzyme activity; messenger RNA; gene expression
- ... Xyloglucan endo-transglycosylase (XET) catalyses the cleavage and concomitant transfer of one xylo-glucan molecule to another. It is thought to be an important component of cell wall metabolism, particularly in expanding tissue and ripening fruits. The recently reported cloning of a cDNA encoding a seed-expressed XET from nasturtium has enabled two XET-encoding cDNAs to be isolated from tomato fru ...
- Knaap, E. van der; Kende, H.
- Plant molecular biology 1995 v.28 no.3 pp. 589-592
- Oryza sativa; gene expression; messenger RNA; gibberellic acid; structural genes; histones; nucleotide sequences; amino acid sequences; internodes; meristems
- ... Differential display of mRNA was employed to identify gibberellin (GA)-regulated genes in deepwater rice. One of the first differentially displayed products identified was shown to be ten-fold induced after start of GA treatment. The sequence of the clone shows complete amino acid identity with histone H3, and its increased mRNA level correlates with the onset of DNA synthesis. We also identified ...