Jump to Main Content
- Nap, J.P.; Spanje, M. van.; Dirkse, W.G.; Baarda, G.; Mlynarova, L.; Loonen, A.; Grondhuis, P.; Stiekema, W.J.
- Plant molecular biology 1993 v.23 no.3 pp. 605-612
- Solanum tuberosum; Nicotiana tabacum; apoproteins; structural genes; nucleotide sequences; amino acid sequences; recombinant DNA; reporter genes; beta-glucuronidase; genetic transformation; transgenic plants; gene expression; photosystem I; promoter regions; light harvesting complex; histochemistry
- ... We have isolated cDNA and genomic clones for the potato (Solanum tuberosum) apoprotein 2 of the light harvesting complex of Photosystem I, designated Lhca3.St.1. The protein shows all characteristics of the family of chlorophyll a/b-binding proteins. Potato Lhca3.1 gene expression occurs predominantly in leaves, and is transcriptionally regulated by light. One gene copy is present per haploid geno ...
- Haaren, M.J.J. van.; Ow, D.W.
- Plant molecular biology 1993 v.23 no.3 pp. 525-533
- plants; Zea mays; bacteriophages; genes; insertional mutagenesis; transposons; genetic transformation; transgenic plants; mutagenesis; genetic recombination
- ... The concept of gene identification and cloning using insertional mutagenesis is well established. Many genes have been isolated using T-DNA transformation or transposable elements. Maize transposable elements have been introduced into heterologous plant species for tagging experiments. The behaviour of these elements in heterologous hosts shows many similarities with transposon behaviour in Zea ma ...