Jump to Main Content
- Rogato, Alessandra; D'Apuzzo, Enrica; Barbulova, Ani; Omrane, Selim; Stedel, Catalina; Simon-Rosin, Ulrike; Katinakis, Panagiotis; Flemetakis, Manolis; Udvardi, Michael; Chiurazzi, Maurizio
- Plant molecular biology 2008 v.68 no.6 pp. 585-595
- Lotus corniculatus var. japonicus, etc ; gene expression; genes; leghemoglobin; legumes; nitrogen fixation; nodulation; plasma membrane; soil; transgenic plants; transporters; vascular bundles; vascular tissues; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Plant ammonium transporters of the AMT1 family are involved in N-uptake from the soil and ammonium transport, and recycling within the plant. Although AMT1 genes are known to be expressed in nitrogen-fixing nodules of legumes, their precise roles in this specialized organ remain unknown. We have taken a reverse-genetic approach to decipher the physiological role of LjAMT1;1 in Lotus japonicus nodu ...
- Flemetakis, E.; Efrose, R.C.; Ott, T.; Stedel, C.; Aivalakis, G.; Udvardi, M.K.; Katinakis, P.
- Plant molecular biology 2006 v.62 no.1-2 pp. 53-69
- Lotus corniculatus var. japonicus, etc ; beta-fructofuranosidase; cDNA libraries; carbohydrate metabolism; complementary DNA; enzyme activity; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; hexokinase; hexoses; legumes; messenger RNA; nitrogen fixation; nodulation; phosphoglucomutase; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; root nodules; starch; sucrose; sucrose synthase; transcription (genetics); Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Symbiotic nitrogen fixation (SNF) in legume nodules is a highly energy demanding process, fuelled by plant-supplied carbohydrates mainly in the form of sucrose. In this study, we have combined molecular and biochemical approaches in order to study the spatial and temporal organisation of sucrose metabolism in nitrogen-fixing nodules of the model legume Lotus japonicus, with an emphasis on the negl ...