Jump to Main Content
- Cornelissen, B.J.C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant molecular biology 1989 v.12 no.2 pp. 153-155
- infection; Nicotiana tabacum; Tobacco mosaic virus; genes; nucleotide sequences; plant proteins; pathogenesis-related proteins
- ... Two tobacco genes encoding thaumatin-like proteins were cloned and sequenced. Both genes are expressed after infection of tobacco with tobacco mosaic virus (TMV). Comparison of the upstream sequences of these genes with those of other TMV-inducible tobacco genes revealed limited regions of homology. ...
- Cornelissen, B.J.C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant molecular biology 1987 v.9 no.4 pp. 411-420
- infection; Nicotiana tabacum; Tobacco mosaic virus; chitinase; immunochemistry; restriction mapping; amino acid sequences; pathogenesis-related proteins; nucleic acid hybridization
- ... Recently, four chitinases have been detected in tobacco mosaic virus (TMV) infected tobacco: two acidic chitinases that identified as pathogenesis-related (PR) P and Q and two basic chitinases (Legrand et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, in press). Here, it was shown that P and Q are closely serologically related but not related to other known acidic tobacco PR proteins. Antisera to P and Q were u ...