Jump to Main Content
- Yin, Jing; Liang, Tian; Wang, Siyao; Zhang, Mengyan; Xiao, Jialei; Zhan, Yaguang; Li, Chunxiao
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2015 v.33 no.3 pp. 705-715
- Betula; bark; betulin; drought; environmental factors; gene expression; leaves; lupeol; medicinal properties; nitrogen; oleanolic acid; saplings; soil water; summer; water stress; China
- ... Betulin and oleanolic acid are pentacyclic triterpene compounds with a broad range of biological and medicinal properties. Herein, we demonstrated that 2-year-old white birch saplings were capable of synthesizing betulin and oleanolic acid, and the accumulation of these compounds was significantly affected by seasonal and environmental factors. Indeed, the triterpenes accumulated mainly in the ste ...
- Hu, Jianbin; Wang, Panqiao; Su, Yan; Wang, Ruijiao; Li, Qiong; Sun, Kaile
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2015 v.33 no.3 pp. 439-447
- Cucumis melo; alleles; cultivars; genetic distance; genetic markers; genetic variation; geographical distribution; germplasm; germplasm conservation; heterozygosity; melons; microsatellite repeats; plant breeding; population structure; principal component analysis; China
- ... Melon is one of the most important fruit crops in China, and has been the focus of much effort in breeding new cultivars but only limited effort in basic studies (e.g., germplasm collection, assessment, and utilization). In this study, we assessed the genetic diversity and population structure in a large melon collection (570 Chinese accessions and 42 exotic accessions) using 26 microsatellite mar ...