Jump to Main Content
- Li, X.; Cao, J.
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2016 v.34 no.1 pp. 15-28
- Arabidopsis; abiotic stress; chromosomes; corn; embryogenesis; evolution; genes; indole acetic acid; microarray technology; polypeptides; proteins; transposition (genetics)
- ... Late embryogenesis abundant (LEA) proteins are identified as a large and highly diverse group of polypeptides accumulating in response to cellular dehydration in many organisms. However, there are only very limited reports of this protein family in maize until this study. In the present paper, we identified 32 LEA genes in maize. A total of 83 LEA proteins including 51 members in Arabidopsis and 3 ...
- Zhou, Wei; Jia, Cheng-Guo; Wu, Xian; Hu, Rui-Xue; Yu, Gang; Zhang, Xiang-Hui; Liu, Jin-Liang; Pan, Hong-Yu
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2016 v.34 no.1 pp. 353-364
- Arabidopsis; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Zea mays; abiotic stress; abscisic acid; cold; cold tolerance; corn; drought; freezing; genes; methyl jasmonate; plant response; potassium chloride; salicylic acid; salt tolerance; sequence analysis; sodium bicarbonate; sodium carbonate; sodium chloride; sorbitol; stress response; stress tolerance; survival rate; temperature; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; yeasts
- ... The dehydration-responsive element-binding (DREB) transcription factors play important roles in regulation of plant responses to abiotic stresses. In the present study, ZmDBF3, a novel DREB transcription factor gene from maize (Zea mays L.), was cloned and characterized. Sequence analyses revealed that ZmDBF3 is classified into A-4 group. It was demonstrated that ZmDBF3 was induced in by salt, dro ...