Jump to Main Content
- Li, X.; Cao, J.
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2016 v.34 no.1 pp. 15-28
- Arabidopsis; abiotic stress; chromosomes; corn; embryogenesis; evolution; genes; indole acetic acid; microarray technology; polypeptides; proteins; transposition (genetics)
- ... Late embryogenesis abundant (LEA) proteins are identified as a large and highly diverse group of polypeptides accumulating in response to cellular dehydration in many organisms. However, there are only very limited reports of this protein family in maize until this study. In the present paper, we identified 32 LEA genes in maize. A total of 83 LEA proteins including 51 members in Arabidopsis and 3 ...
- Xiong, Erhui; Zheng, Chenyu; Wu, Xiaolin; Wang, Wei
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2016 v.34 no.1 pp. 52-61
- biologists; cell membranes; corn; databases; endoplasmic reticulum; eukaryotic cells; mitochondria; plastids; prediction; protein synthesis; proteins; vacuoles
- ... Newly synthesized proteins in eukaryotic cells can only function well after they are accurately transported to specific organelles. The establishment of protein databases and the development of programs have accelerated the study of protein subcellular locations, but their comparisons and evaluations of the prediction accuracy of subcellular location programs in plants are lacking. In this study, ...