Jump to Main Content
- Bohland, C.; Balkenhohl, T.; Loers, G.; Feussner, I.; Grambow, H.J.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 679-685
- protein synthesis; dose response; chitosan; seedlings; jasmonic acid; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; Puccinia graminis; Triticum aestivum; leaves; plant pathogenic fungi; oligosaccharides; chitin; enzyme activity; isozymes; protein composition
- ... A glycopeptide elicitor prepared from germ tubes of the rust fungus Puccinia graminis Pers. f. sp. tritici Erikss. & Henn (Pgt),as well as chitin oligosaccharides, chitosan, and methyl jasmonate (MJ) stimulated lipoxygenase (LOX) activity (E.C. 220.127.116.11) in wheat (Triticum aestivum) leaves. Immunoblot analysis using anti-LOX antibodies revealed the induction of 92- and 103-kD LOX species after P ...
- Trost, P.; Foscarini, S.; Preger, V.; Bonora, P.; Vitale, L.; Pupillo, P.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 737-746
- dose response; hypocotyls; NADP (coenzyme); oxidoreductases; Cucurbita pepo; enzyme inhibitors; binding sites; etiolation; plasma membrane; enzyme activity; protein composition
- ... Quinone oxidoreductase activities dependent on pyridine nucleotides are associated with the plasma membrane (PM) in zucchini (Cucurbita pepo L.) hypocotyls. In the presence of NADPH, lipophilic ubiquinone homologs with up to three isoprenoid units were reduced by intact PM vesicles with a Km of 2 to 7 micromolars. Affinities for both NADPH and NADH were similar (Km of 62 and 51 micromolars, respec ...