Jump to Main Content
- Gary, G.R.; Chauvin, L.P.; Sarhan, F.; Huner, N.P.A.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 467-474
- messenger RNA; dose response; redox reactions; net assimilation rate; light intensity; acclimation; Secale cereale; gene expression; transcription (genetics); frost resistance; photosynthesis; genes; temperature; plant morphology; chloroplasts
- ... By comparing growth under five different temperature and irradiance regimes (20 degrees C and 800, 250, and 50 micromoles m-2 s-1 and 5 degrees C and 250 and 50 micromoles m-2 s-1), we have examined the effects of light, temperature, and the relative reduction state of photosystem II on plant morphology, freezing tolerance (lethal temperature at which freezing injury occurs [LT50]), transcript lev ...
- Sivasankar, S.; Rothstein, S.; Oaks, A.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 583-589
- Zea mays; seedlings; roots; shoots; nitrate reduction; nitrogen; carbon; metabolites; asparagine; glutamine; sucrose; dose response; nutrient uptake; nitrate reductase; enzyme activity; nitrite reductase; aspartate-ammonia ligase; genes; gene expression; transcription (genetics)
- ... The accumulation and reduction of nitrate in the presence of the nitrogen metabolites asparagine (Asn) and glutamine (Gln) and the carbon metabolite sucrose (Suc) were examined in maize (Zea mays L.) seedlings in an attempt to separate their effects on the nitrate uptake system and the nitrate reduction system. After 8 h of exposure to nitrate in the presence of 1 mM Asn, tissue nitrate accumulati ...