Jump to Main Content
- Fodor, J.; Gullner, G.; Adam, A.L.; Barna, B.; Komives, T.; Kiraly, Z.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.4 pp. 1443-1451
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Nicotiana tabacum; Tobacco mosaic virus; leaves; pathogenicity; necrosis; disease resistance; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; glutathione; quantitative analysis; peroxidases; catalase; oxidoreductases; glutathione reductase (NADPH); glutathione transferase; superoxide dismutase; enzyme activity; isozymes; salicylic acid; dose response; chemical constituents of plants; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Changes in ascorbate and glutathione levels and in activitiesof ascorbate peroxidase, catalase, dehydroascorbate reductase (DHAR), glutathione reductase (GR), glutathione S-transferase (GST), and superoxide dismutase (SOD) were investigated in tobacco mosaic virus (TMV)-inoculated lower leaves and in noninoculated upper leaves of Nicotiana tabacum L. cv Xanthi-nc. In separate experiments the effec ...
- Doulis, A.G.; Debian, N.; Kingston-Smith, A.H.; Foyer, C.H.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.3 pp. 1031-1037
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Zea mays; mesophyll; vascular bundles; protein composition; antioxidants; purification; biomarkers; ribulose 1,5-diphosphate; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase; glutathione reductase (NADPH); oxidoreductases; ascorbic acid; peroxidases; superoxide dismutase; catalase; glutathione; hydrogen peroxide; quantitative analysis; oxidation; chemical reactions; biochemical pathways; translocation (plant physiology); NADP (coenzyme); Show all 25 Subjects
- ... The aim of this work was to determine the compartmentation of antioxidants between the bundle-sheath and mesophyll cells of maize (Zea mays L.) leaves. Rapid fractionation of the mesophyll compartment was used to minimize modifications in the antioxidant status and composition due to extraction procedures. The purity of the mesophyll isolates was assessed via the distribution of enzyme and metabol ...