Jump to Main Content
- Nielsen, K.K.; Nielsen, J.E.; Madrid, S.M.; Mikkelsen, J.D.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.113 no.1 pp. 83-91
- plant pathogenic fungi; binding proteins; gene expression; disease resistance; cysteine; leaves; antifungal properties; protein composition; messenger RNA; complementary DNA; genetic code; amino acid sequences; pathogenicity; hevein; glycine (amino acid); Beta vulgaris; chitin; Cercospora beticola; flowers; physicochemical properties; nucleotide sequences; niacin; chitinase
- ... The intercellular washing fluid (IWF) from leaves of sugar beet (Beta vulgaris L.) contains a number of proteins exhibiting in vitro antifungal activity against the devastating leaf pathogen Cercospora beticola (Sacc.). Among these, a potent antifungal peptide, designated IWF4, was identified. The 30-amino-acid residue sequence of IWF4 is rich in cysteines (6) and glycines (7) and has a highly bas ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bohland, C.; Balkenhohl, T.; Loers, G.; Feussner, I.; Grambow, H.J.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 679-685
- protein synthesis; dose response; chitosan; seedlings; jasmonic acid; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; Puccinia graminis; Triticum aestivum; leaves; plant pathogenic fungi; oligosaccharides; chitin; enzyme activity; isozymes; protein composition
- ... A glycopeptide elicitor prepared from germ tubes of the rust fungus Puccinia graminis Pers. f. sp. tritici Erikss. & Henn (Pgt),as well as chitin oligosaccharides, chitosan, and methyl jasmonate (MJ) stimulated lipoxygenase (LOX) activity (E.C. 126.96.36.199) in wheat (Triticum aestivum) leaves. Immunoblot analysis using anti-LOX antibodies revealed the induction of 92- and 103-kD LOX species after P ...