Jump to Main Content
- Bohland, C.; Balkenhohl, T.; Loers, G.; Feussner, I.; Grambow, H.J.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 679-685
- protein synthesis; dose response; chitosan; seedlings; jasmonic acid; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; Puccinia graminis; Triticum aestivum; leaves; plant pathogenic fungi; oligosaccharides; chitin; enzyme activity; isozymes; protein composition
- ... A glycopeptide elicitor prepared from germ tubes of the rust fungus Puccinia graminis Pers. f. sp. tritici Erikss. & Henn (Pgt),as well as chitin oligosaccharides, chitosan, and methyl jasmonate (MJ) stimulated lipoxygenase (LOX) activity (E.C. 18.104.22.168) in wheat (Triticum aestivum) leaves. Immunoblot analysis using anti-LOX antibodies revealed the induction of 92- and 103-kD LOX species after P ...
- Mauch, F.; Kmecl, A.; Schaffrath, U.; Volrath, S.; Gorlach, J.; Ward, E.; Ryals, J.; Dudler, R.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.4 pp. 1561-1566
- messenger RNA; wind; dose response; seedlings; stress response; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; amino acid sequences; gene expression; transcription (genetics); Triticum aestivum; genes; enzyme activity
- ... Touch stimulation of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) seedlings led to a strong and dose-dependent increase in the level of lipoxygenase mRNA transcripts. The touch-induced response occurred within 1 h and was transient. A similar response was observed after wind treatment and wounding. The mechanical strain-regulated lipoxygenase might translate mechanical strain into lipoxygenase pathway-dependent g ...
- PubMed Central: