Jump to Main Content
- Yin, S.; Mei, L.; Newman, J.; Back, K.; Chappell, J.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.115 no.2 pp. 437-451
- sesquiterpenoids; plant pathogenic fungi; salicylic acid; promoter regions; jasmonic acid; hydrogen peroxide; gene expression; Nicotiana tabacum; histology; transcription (genetics); pathogenicity; Phytophthora nicotianae var. parasitica; enzyme activity; genetic transformation; gene transfer; biosynthesis; plant anatomy; transgenic plants; Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae; reporter genes; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The promoter for a tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) sesquiterpene cyclase gene, a key regulatory step in sesquiterpene phytoalexin biosynthesis, has been analyzed. The EAS4 promoter was fused to the beta-glucuronidase (GUS) reporter gene, and the temporal and spatial expression patterns of GUS activity were examined in stably transformed plants and in transient expression assays using electroporated pr ...
- PubMed Central:
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...