Jump to Main Content
- Grace, S.C.; Logan, B.A.
- Plant physiology 1996 v.112 no.4 pp. 1631-1640
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Vinca major; Schefflera arboricola; Mahonia; acclimation; light intensity; metabolizable energy; absorbance; photoinhibition; oxidation; antioxidants; leaves; net assimilation rate; chlorophyll; peroxidases; carotenoids; glutathione reductase (NADPH); oxidoreductases; malate dehydrogenase; metabolites; enzyme activity; energy metabolism; defense mechanisms; electron transfer; Mahonia repens; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... The protective role of leaf antioxidant systems in the mechanism of plant acclimation to growth irradiance was studied in Vinca major, Schefflera arboricola, and Mahonia repens, which were grown for several months at 20, 100, and 1200 micromoles photons m-2 s-1. As growth irradiance increased, several constituents of the "Mehler-peroxidase" pathway also increased: superoxide dismutase, ascorbate p ...
- Camp, W. van; Capiau, K.; Montagu, M. van.; Inze, D.; Slooten, L.
- Plant physiology 1996 v.112 no.4 pp. 1703-1714
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Nicotiana tabacum; transgenic plants; superoxide dismutase; hydrogen peroxide; iron; manganese; complementary DNA; polymerase chain reaction; recombinant DNA; chloroplasts; mitochondria; oxygen; peroxidases; oxidoreductases; photosystem I; photoinhibition; isozymes; antioxidants; herbicides; salt tolerance; plasma membrane; ascorbate peroxidase; glutathione dehydrogenase (ascorbate); Show all 24 Subjects
- ... A chimeric gene consisting of the coding sequence for chloroplastic Fe superoxide dismutase (FeSOD) from Arabidopsis thaliana, coupled to the chloroplast targeting sequence from the pea ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase small subunit, was expressed in Nicotiana tabacum cv Petit Havana SR1. Expression of the transgenic FeSOD protected both the plasmalemma and photosystem II against su ...
- PubMed Central: