Jump to Main Content
- Cruz-Ortega, R.; Cushman, J.C.; Ownby, J.D.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.4 pp. 1453-1460
- Triticum aestivum; Brassica napus; Arabidopsis thaliana; Hordeum vulgare; Nicotiana tabacum; Pisum sativum; roots; aluminum; phytotoxicity; protein synthesis; actin; molecular weight; isoelectric point; beta-glucanase; cytoskeleton; protein composition; genetic code; complementary DNA; genes; gene expression; clones; cultivars; genetic variation; amino acid sequences; messenger RNA; stress response
- ... A cDNA library made from mRNA of Al-treated roots of an Al-sensitive wheat (Triticum aestivum cv Victory) cultivar was screened with a degenerate oligonucleotide probe derived from the partial amino acid sequence of the Al-induced protein TAl-18. Of seven clones that initially hybridized with the probe, one encoded a novel 1,3-beta-glucanase having a calculated molecular weight of 46.3 and an isoe ...
- PubMed Central:
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...