Jump to Main Content
- Dai, Z.; An, G.
- Plant physiology 1995 v.109 no.4 pp. 1191-1197
- recombinant DNA; salicylic acid; chloramphenicol acetyltransferase; dose response; jasmonic acid; nopaline; hydrogen peroxide; gene expression; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; oxygen; defense mechanisms; enzyme activity; pathogenesis-related proteins; biosynthesis; catalase; transgenic plants; biochemical pathways; mutants; reporter genes; kinetics
- ... Transgenic tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.) plants carrying a fusion between the nopaline synthase (nos) promoter and chloramphenicol acetyltransferase (CAT) reporter gene (cat) were tested for their response to treatment with H2O2. The nos promoter-driven CAT activity increased significantly by addition of H2O2, reaching the maximum level at 15 mM. Kinetic analysis for CAT activity showed that indu ...
- PubMed Central:
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...