Jump to Main Content
- Cheng, M.; Fry, J.E.; Pang, S.Z.; Zhou, H.P.; Hironaka, C.M.; Duncan, D.R.; Conner, T.W.; Wan, Y.C.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.115 no.3 pp. 971-980
- developmental stages; neomycin; inheritance (genetics); genetic markers; callus; Agrobacterium radiobacter; explants; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; plant development; phosphotransferases (phosphomutases); enzyme activity; histochemistry; genetic transformation; gene transfer; transgenic plants; embryo (plant); rapid methods; plant morphology; genetic vectors; beta-glucuronidase
- ... A rapid Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation system for wheat was developed using freshly isolated immature embryos, precultured immature embryos, and embryogenic calli as explants. The explants were inoculated with a disarmed A. tumefaciens strain C58 (ABI) harboring the binary vector pMON18365 containing the beta-glucuronidase gene with an intron, and a selectable marker, the neomyc ...
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...