Jump to Main Content
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...
- Almoguera, C.; Rojas, A.; Jordano, J.
- Plant physiology 2002 v.129 no.1 pp. 333-341
- Helianthus annuus; Nicotiana tabacum; tobacco; transgenic plants; seedlings; seeds; plant proteins; heat shock proteins; recombinant proteins; gene expression; messenger RNA; biosynthesis; heat stress; beta-glucuronidase; genetic markers; protein products; enzyme activity; temperature; plant extracts; amino acid sequences; nucleotide sequences; chemical constituents of plants; transcription (genetics); stress response
- ... We compared the expression patterns in transgenic tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) of two chimeric genes: a translational fusion to beta-glucuronidase (GUS) and a transcriptional fusion, both with the same promoter and 5'-flanking sequences of Ha hsp17.7 G4, a small heat shock protein (sHSP) gene from sunflower (Helianthus annuus). We found that immediately after heat shock, the induced expression from ...
- PubMed Central: