Jump to Main Content
- Aoki, Naohiro; Scofield, Graham N.; Wang, Xin-Ding; Offler, Christina E.; Patrick, John W.; Furbank, Robert T.
- Plant physiology 2006 v.141 no.4 pp. 1255-1263
- sieve elements; wheat; genes; roots; shoots; glucose; starch; solutes; Triticum aestivum; esters; phloem loading; hexoses; labeling techniques; in situ hybridization; germination; sucrose; transporters; yeasts; fluorescent dyes; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; aleurone cells; endosperm; maltose
- ... Three homeologous genes encoding a sucrose (Suc) transporter (SUT) in hexaploid wheat (Triticum aestivum), TaSUT1A, 1B, and 1D, were expressed in germinating seeds, where their function is unknown. All three TaSUT1 proteins were confirmed to be capable of transporting both Suc and maltose by complementation tests with the SUSY7/ura3 yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) mutant strain. The role of Suc t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...