Jump to Main Content
- Bohland, C.; Balkenhohl, T.; Loers, G.; Feussner, I.; Grambow, H.J.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 679-685
- protein synthesis; dose response; chitosan; seedlings; jasmonic acid; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; Puccinia graminis; Triticum aestivum; leaves; plant pathogenic fungi; oligosaccharides; chitin; enzyme activity; isozymes; protein composition
- ... A glycopeptide elicitor prepared from germ tubes of the rust fungus Puccinia graminis Pers. f. sp. tritici Erikss. & Henn (Pgt),as well as chitin oligosaccharides, chitosan, and methyl jasmonate (MJ) stimulated lipoxygenase (LOX) activity (E.C. 188.8.131.52) in wheat (Triticum aestivum) leaves. Immunoblot analysis using anti-LOX antibodies revealed the induction of 92- and 103-kD LOX species after P ...
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...