Jump to Main Content
- Vander, P.; Varum, K.M.; Domard, A.; El-Gueddari, N.E.; Moerschbacher, B.M.
- Plant physiology 1998 v.118 no.4 pp. 1353-1359
- Triticum aestivum; leaves; plant pathogenic fungi; pathogenicity; disease resistance; chitosan; dose response; oligosaccharides; lignin; biosynthesis; polymerization
- ... Chitin, a linear polysaccharide composed of (1 leads to 4)-linked 2-acetamido-2-deoxy-beta-D-glucopyranose (GlcNAc) residues, and chitosan, the fully or partially N-acetylated, water-soluble derivative of chitin composed of (1 leads to 4)-linked GlcNAc and 2-amino-2-deoxy-beta-D-glucopyranose (GlcN), have been proposed as elicitors of defense reactions in higher plants. We tested and compared the ...
- Bohland, C.; Balkenhohl, T.; Loers, G.; Feussner, I.; Grambow, H.J.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 679-685
- protein synthesis; dose response; chitosan; seedlings; jasmonic acid; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; Puccinia graminis; Triticum aestivum; leaves; plant pathogenic fungi; oligosaccharides; chitin; enzyme activity; isozymes; protein composition
- ... A glycopeptide elicitor prepared from germ tubes of the rust fungus Puccinia graminis Pers. f. sp. tritici Erikss. & Henn (Pgt),as well as chitin oligosaccharides, chitosan, and methyl jasmonate (MJ) stimulated lipoxygenase (LOX) activity (E.C. 184.108.40.206) in wheat (Triticum aestivum) leaves. Immunoblot analysis using anti-LOX antibodies revealed the induction of 92- and 103-kD LOX species after P ...