Jump to Main Content
- Lv, Zongyou; Zhang, Lei; Chen, Lingxian; Zhang, Fangyuan; Tang, Kexuan
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.126 pp. 197-205
- Artemisia annua; RNA interference; artemisinin; cDNA libraries; complementary DNA; cytoplasm; flowering date; gene expression; genes; genetic engineering; genetically modified organisms; leaves; loci; messenger RNA; photoperiod; proteins
- ... Artemisia annua is a typical short-day photoperiod (SD) and belongs to Asteraceae family. FLOWERING LOCUS T Homolog genes play important roles in regulation of flowering time. Two FT-like genes AaFT1 and AaFT2 were isolated from cDNA libraries constructed from leaves of A. annua. The gene expression analysis revealed that AaFT1 and AaFT2 mRNAs were expressed predominantly in leaves and could be in ...
- Zhang, Jihong; Zeng, Li; Chen, Shaoyang; Sun, Helong; Ma, Shuang
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.126 pp. 11-21
- RNA transport; Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; biosynthesis; chemical analysis; emissions; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gene expression; global positioning systems; leaves; plant growth; plant hormones; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; salt stress; sequence analysis; signal transduction; sodium chloride; solid phase microextraction; tomatoes; transcriptome; unigenes; volatile organic compounds
- ... Salinity stress can impede development and plant growth adversely. However, there is very little molecular information on NaCl resistance and volatile emissions in Lycopersicum esculentum. In order to investigate the effects of salt stress on the release of volatile compounds, we quantified and compared transcriptome changes by RNA-Seq analysis and volatile constituents with gas chromatography/mas ...