Jump to Main Content
- Lade, Sarah Boyd; Román, Carla; Cueto-Ginzo, Ana Isabel; Serrano, Luis; Sin, Ester; Achón, Maria Angels; Medina, Vicente
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.129 pp. 381-393
- C3 plants, etc ; Azospirillum brasilense; C4 plants; Solanum lycopersicum; Zea mays; chloroplasts; corn; enzymes; homeostasis; host specificity; nutrient uptake; photoinhibition; plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria; protein synthesis; proteins; proteomics; reactive oxygen species; root growth; seedling emergence; seedlings; tomatoes; vigor; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Azospirillum brasilense Sp7 (Sp7) is a diazotrophic, free-living plant growth-promoting rhizobacterium (PGPR) that is increasingly used for its ability to reduce stress and improve nutrient uptake by plants. To test the hypothesis that Sp7 interacts differently with the primary metabolism in C3 and C4 plants, differential proteomics were employed to study weekly protein expression in Sp7-treated m ...
- Chojak-Koźniewska, Joanna; Kuźniak, Elżbieta; Linkiewicz, Anna; Sowa, Sławomir
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.123 pp. 160-169
- C3 plants, etc ; Pseudomonas syringae pv. lachrymans; bacterial infections; carbon metabolism; chlorophyll; citrates; citric acid; cucumbers; defense mechanisms; enzyme activity; fluorescence; fumarate hydratase; gene expression; leaves; malates; pathogens; phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase; photosystem II; salt stress; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... This study examines how salt stress interacts with bacterial infection at the metabolic level. We measured chlorophyll a fluorescence as well as profiles of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase (PEPC), NADP-malic enzyme (NADP-ME), NADP-isocitrate dehydrogenase (NADP-ICDH) and fumarase activities, malic and citric acids contents and the expression of NADP-ICDH and NADP-ME in the organ-dependent (root vs ...